In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Wyrd Sisters

Thunder and lightning. Enter three Witches.

First Witch:
When shall we three meet again?
In thunder. lightning, or in rain?

Second Witch:
When the hurlyburly's done.
When the battle's lost and won.
(MacBeth Act 1 Scene I)

My buddy Dan gifted me this rather cool vignette a few years back. They had been kicking about in my 'things to do box' slowly getting primed and put away, then painted and put away, then based and put away. I showed them to you here way back in November 2010!

Finally this week while waiting for the primer to set on a commission I finished up their scenic elements. The standing stone is made from an off cut of blue insulating foam and the toadstools are made from wire and putty.

The witches came from RAFM on a rather thick shallow T shaped base with square slots for their stands to set into. I glued this to some card and built an edge around it with match sticks and then filled in the space with caulking. It then sat in my box of things to do for so long (4+ years??) that the caulking had yellowed and shrunk a bit! Some of the mushrooms lost their caps and needed replacing. The standing stone is pinned into the caulking with glue and a toothpick to give it a bit more strength.

wyrd sisters 001
Where hast thou been sister?
Killing swine.

I think the standing stone was probably the main thing holding this up. Once I set down to finish it the piece came together very quickly.

wyrd sisters 002
The second witch

wyrd sisters 003
Can't get a view of the third witch's face.

These will inevitably support Fulk the Bastard in his campaign to overthrow Goodly Count Raymond and the Countess Isabelle. Perhaps they can remove shock from friendly troops or inflict shock on enemy units? Or just look cool as rear area table dressing?

wyrd sisters 004
A drum. A drum!
Macbeth doth come!



4 comments:

  1. Surely the correct answer to "When shall we three meet again?" is "Well I can do next tuesday" - from Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, apart from that, a lovely little scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if Tuesday is Game Night!

    ReplyDelete