I've been working on a large commission of 15mm Sudan figures for a couple of years now. 24 figure units, all individually based for playing The Sword and the Flame.
- 2x units of red coated British line. (Peter Pig)
- 1x unit of Camel Corps (Peter Pig)
- 1x unit of Naval Brigade (Peter Pig)
- 2x Nordenfelt guns with crew. (Peter Pig)
- 1x unit of Jediyya riflemen (Essex)
- 1x unit of Hadendowah/Beja riflemen (Essex)
- 3x units of Ansar with swords and spears (Old Glory)
- 3x units of Hadendowah/Beja with swords and spears (Essex)
- plus 4 extra Ansar and Beja command and a mounted Old Glory Amir.
so about 300 figures and 2 guns. And that's just the first box. The second box is on my table waiting to be prepped!
I showed you the first unit of redcoats way back in May 2011, when I used the Army Painter dip to finish them.
This second unit though, I had a better 10/0 brush and more confidence so I tackled the belts on the British infantry the old fashioned way.
|detail study of uniforms|
|Whole unit deployed|
Of course now it was time to get everybody out and set up a vignette to tempt my customer in Alberta. A classic square being rushed on all sides seemed the best way to get everyone into a single shot.
|The whole lot|
|Berkshires and Naval Brigade|
|The Amir leads the Faithful|
The Mahdists will look better once the flags arrive in the post.