The "Typhoo Division" is expanding with the second lot of figures done. I kept to the same colour scheme, so that I can build to an army sized force eventually. But right now, this gives me enough figures to I think let me and a couple of friends play on the same side once Mikey gets his monks and bandits done. Mikey has a fair sized buntai of monks, so I figure I need the numbers.
With this lot I decided to do one of my mounted Samurai:
With this fellow I tried to reinforce the red theme with picking out the lacing on his armoured plates at the shoulders and hips, in addition to the red harness on his horse. But as with all my Samurai he gets more personal choice in his clothing.
I used some Woodland Scenics dry grass to conceal the post holding up the back hoofs.
The tufts and meadow flowers are from Army Painter.
I also did another Samurai on foot, borrowing some pink paint from my daughter. I tried a dragon fly pattern on his pants, which mostly worked, but got a bit messy in the folds. You might be able to see it better in one of the group shots.
For the bases I'm using 25mm metal fender washers. I then spread a thick coat of white glue and cover in fine sand. Fortunately the Perry figures have very thin bases and the sand covers quite well. Dark brown and then a tan dry brush before gluing on flock, tufts and flowers.
This gets me about two thirds through my troops. I may paint some civilians next.
I also promise not to moderate comments while on my tablet this time!
Northstar Miniatures: New Frostgrave Gasgroyle of Buzar
59 minutes ago