But I have scraped the flash and glued all my Elheim 1/72 scale Afghanistan figures to 20mm washers. There wasn't a lot of flash, mostly just the bits from the venting in the mold.
I thought about just cutting out a 20x40mm piece of heavy card, but that would look out of place to have one square base among all the round ones. In an 'aha' moment I had the idea to use two washers to make a longer base. With washers there are always a couple that have a flat edge where the stamping die was too close to the edge of the sheet of steel, so I took two of these and glued them together at the flat edges. I also used white glue to stick them on to some heavy paper for extra support. Once the glue was dry I filled in the concavity on both sides with some cheap caulking and let the whole mess dry.
|Taliban LMG gunners and base in process|
Hopefully I'll retrieve my painting mojo this week.