In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

LAV WIP

Got motivated this past week and finally finished gluing on the stowage to the other three LAVs and got them primed and painted.

I spent a lot of time pondering which bits of stowage to glue where. Maybe too long. But now they're done and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Some WIP shots:





Done with dust dry brushed on:






I also finished off the 2nd Bison and Husky while working on the LAVs. I tried to be a bit more light handed with the dust this time:




And now some shots of the complete Battle Group so far. Complete until I can buy more. I'd like to add some Sappers and finish the platoon to bring it up to full strength.





I'm not sure what I did differently this time, but the colour came out much more true instead of the yellowish cast of my earlier post on the first Bison. I only cropped these shots, no colour editing at all.

7 comments:

  1. A superb looking Battle Group. The stowage and weathering look great and I know what you mean about going easy with the dust, I am a bit heavy handed with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's easy to over do it. Especially if you don't want to be returning to your pallet every two strokes!

      Delete
  2. What ever you did differently keep it up. They look great, Will work just fine for any past and current conflicts in central Asia, middle east, and Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James - these look great! What a fabulous looking force!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking force. You've done Avery good job on the LAV's...truthfully they all look well weathered. Well done. I hope to replicate some of your efforts in 15mm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If LAV IIIs where available in 15mm I would've gone with that scale too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! If LAV IIIs where available in 15mm I would've gone with that scale too.

      Delete