In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Village Wells

Every village needs a well or two. In Afghanistan they are also good places to hide weapons caches.

Patrick gave me this children's building toy. He got them cheap at a discount store and had used a set to build a tower house for his Scottish boarder game.


The bricks are enormous for 20mm figures, so I used a needle file to inscribe more stone lines into the faces. Although when it came to painting I hadn't gone deep enough and had to be careful not to paint the cracks out.

So four bricks for each well, inscribed with a rough brick pattern, glued to a base and painted. I then used some dry static grass to soften the bottom edge.


I also got the IEDs painted up today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment