In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Whiter Shade of Pale

A few things I had started before the Elheim Figures arrived and distracted me.

I finished painting those two die cast pickup trucks. They've made appearances in previous games but I thought I'd get them done. The factory finish gloss red was a bit alarming and I'm pretty sure the Taliban had some rules about car colours.

One truck was originally going to be an IED casualty, but I decided having an extra civilian vehicle or Taliban troop carrier available would be a Good Thing.

One truck got a black undercoat and I used thin grey for the creases. The second truck got gessoed white and then light brown undercoat before the white. Both then got covered in a good layer of dust.

Next up are two battalions of Austrians. Some Old Glory grenadiers and some Lancashire musketeers, plus a Lancashire general and a Peter Pig ammunition wagon from his American Revolution range.


The Lancashire figures are OK. The metal is softer and the detail isn't as good but I got them at a good price. The flag staff seems a bit on the long side though.


These additions bring my Austrian army to
2 battalions of grenadiers
2 large battalions of musketeers
4 normal battalions of musketeers
2 battalions of Grenzers
1 small unit of jaegers
4 squadrons of cuirassier
2 squadrons of dragoons
2 squadrons of hussars
5 generals
7 guns (2 light, 3 medium, 2 heavy)

I need to boost the Grenzers and the cavalry next.

That's a lot of white. So here's an appropriate classic rock tune



2 comments:

  1. I like the pickups much better not that they are white and all dirty. I seem to recall some intrepid Canucks stealing one of those babies. :) Austrians look good. 15mm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Austrians are 15mm.

    ReplyDelete