In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Dwarf Reinforcements

Promised expansion for the troops of Khazad Dûm. Another 6 figure unit of elite foot in heavy armour and two handed things to bash the forces of Angmar with and a hero.


Like the last unit, these are a mix of the Vendel Dwarf huscarls and Dark Lords packs. The figures with the groovy face masks are from the Dwarf Lords.


Biggest change was finding my Vallejo "shining bronze" which covers much better than the metallic I used on the last bunch, so I was able to pick out some of those helmet details and the rings better. If you look closely at the hands gripping weapon handles you'll see rings.


The fellow with the "Princess Leia" man buns was quite amusing. But I suppose the very big sword he has will stop any teasing.

This fellow is the Hero. Baldor Heavy Hand. I got the name from a bench grinder I was using one day at work. Good thing I wasn't at the bench grinder to my left, or he'd be called 'DeWalt'!

Added more richness in the fabrics this time. Being elite troops they would be better dressed. So a purple and some yellow plus more designs at the hems this time.



This means that I have painted the entire order from September and after a few commission units it will be time to paint up the Second Wave!

3 comments:

  1. I love the richness you have painted into these figures, all the silver and gold of the armour mixing nicely with the coloured fabrics. Very nice. I take it these guys will be elite foot in Dragon Rampant terms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! Very elite.
      They are looking forward to beating up on your orcs.😀

      Delete