In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, March 9, 2018

Workbench Update

A few fits and starts as I stumble towards something.

Got all of my spacesuited figures painted. I decided to do a large percentage of them in a low visibility greenish grey as pirates/raiders/Outer Planet Alliance radicals to fight the security forces and armed colonists (until I buy some power armoured marines from Ground Zero Games).

You'll notice that the drone is done too and I'm overpainting some Matchbox toy vehicles. The yellow thing is a Bison mine clearing truck, which came in a lovely grey digital camo pattern. My colonists don't need mine clearing, but I thought doing it in some dirty yellow and it can be a survey vehicle. It scales nicely with the 15mm figures.

I've also been sorting armament for the Imp APCs. Mounted the second missile system on a metal collar that I stuck in my pocket during a job I had making Toyota parts 10 years ago. This will make it a base defense system to be attacked by commandos etc. Still not happy with the gun turret for the second tank, just don't like the look. Found the red box abandoned on a work bench. I like the natural wear on the printed logo. I cut the yellow number panel from the label sticker and distressed it with some isopropyl alcohol. It will make another nice shipping container.
Finally, while pondering the defensive missile launcher I remembered this stashed on a shelf:
I don't think that the searchlight and naval gun quite fit. But how about this?
The 15mm figures work well and fit in the trenches. Should figure out some doors on the bunkers though.

And there's Hotlead next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you've painted their visors. It really makes them pop out. I'm looking forward to seeing how that scenery turns out.

    ReplyDelete