In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Warg Says "Aah-Roooo!"

RAFM had a 40% off sale over the summer so I got some wolves for my Legions of Angmar. To get a variety of poses I ordered a pack of the Reaper wolves (RAFM sells Reaper in Canada under licence) and a pack of RAFM wolves.

As you can see from the picture below, the Reaper wolves are a more realistic scale. The RAFM wolves are big enough for a big orc to ride. What to do? I briefly thought about mixing them together, but decided that would look weird.

Reaper wolf (L) RAFM wolves  (R)

Then while digging through a box of old minis, I found an Old Glory /Ghost Miniatures wolf rider.  So if I add in my under performing werewolf, that'd give me five miniatures, or a slightly reduced unit of light riders/warbeasts.


The wolf based on his own is my first werewolf, painted a couple of years back,  who was the pack mate for the other Old Glory wolf.

These are going to be brigaded with my Vendel wolf riders to give the Necromancer's cavalry a bit more strength.

The Reaper wolves have been painted as dogs and will form an elite unit with some elf nobles that I wasn't sure what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment