In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Shedding the Leadpile Burden


I've noticed a trend on gaming Social Media lately. People talking about reducing the lead mountain,  fewer new projects,  concentrating on working on and playing with what they have.

There comes a time when you just have to focus and realize that that fringe project you've been slowly hoarding  figures for is never going to happen.  Or you'd better stop getting distracted by other fringe projects and buckle down to it!

I've been looking at my own lead mountain recently and have decided to have a good clear out at the Hot Lead Bring and Buy. So all my unpainted 15mm ancients are going. Sarmatians, Persians, the last Late Imperial Roman units, a very decent Goth army primed and waiting for paint,  enough legions for Caesar to conquer Gaul with. Dumping the terrain too. Couple of job lots of SYW figures as well. Keeping what I still plan to get painted but shedding the rest.

Even took some books from my crowded shelves.

I feel light and good about it.

It's been very liberating. 

Plus I can spend that money on projects that still have my attention without feeling guilty.

5 comments:

  1. Hitting rather close to home. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will free up your mind and shelf/cupboard space. I've concentrated on reducing mine down and now have very few figures unpainted. Just a few sprues of the free plastic figures from the magazines of late, I don't think I'll ever use these so will sell them at Campaign very cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind you, I need 500+ H&R early Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did catch myself doing the declutter guru thing and by remembering the planned armies and epic campaigns and unfought battles I was sort of mentally thanking all the minis for their time in my service.
    But someone else will get joy out of them and they will find their fulfilment.

    ReplyDelete