In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Battle of Britain Day!

Hugely appropriate that both my order from Tumbling Dice and the flight bases from Hasslefree arrived today to help me observe Battle of Britain Day. 

Yay!

TBF Avengers and Wildcats

Hurricanes and He111 bombers

For GBP50 I got myself a squadron each of Spitfires, Hurricanes and Me109s, plus a squadron of He111s and a Schwarm (flight of 4 aircraft) of Me110s. For the Pacific theatre I got a squadron each of Zeros and Wildcats, a flight of Hellcats, a flight of Betty medium bombers and some dive and torpedo bombers for each side. I avoided the later Corsairs, since they really dominated and the IJN Air Service had lost most of their good pilots by then.

Gosh they are tiny. The Japanese Val dive bombers have fixed landing gear to glue on too!

I'm trying hard not to make zoom and dakka-dakka! noises.

2 comments: