In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Gamer ADD Again

My intentions to stay focused and chip away at the leadpile are under assault. 

I bravely started work on the last platoon of German paratroopers. Thus emptying the "unpainted WW2 " box. Then I got distracted after only a few colours. 

Thanks to Wargaming Twitter I've caught myself perusing 

  • 14th Army in Burma because bush hats are cool
  • Age of Sail miniatures because full rigged ships of war are also cool
  • 1/2400 scale WW2 naval because destroyer skirmishes in the Pacific are a cool spin off from my aircraft (and GHQ has pretty reasonable postage rates too!)
  • Royal Marines and Blue Jackets because they are cool and a good excuse for a ship in a 28mm Napoleonics game
  • The Perry Miniatures webstore, because...just because. 
Fortunately I remembered that Mikey mentioned wanting to unload his unpainted Napoleonics. So the idea of returning to my 12 year sidelined Sharp Practice project has bubbled up again, providing a focus. Of course pandemic restrictions need to be eased before I visit my old and medically vulnerable friend to rummage through his stash. 

In the meantime, I'm pulling boxes off shelves and generally making a mess as I resort my Russians and Prussians. 

I'm also using this nervous energy to start hacking into a pile of junk to make 15mm urban ruins. With O Group from Two Fat Lardies just going up for pre-order, I'm thinking that my WW2 troops will be out of their boxes this year. 





Of course, I notice that since the last time I commented on becoming unfocused, which was also in a February, I've done 3 or 4 of the things that were distracting me at the time.

So Goodness knows what the year will bring. Something from out of left field. Hopefully you'll read about Napoleonic Sharp Practice and building Stalingrad.

Maybe those German paratroopers will be finished after 12 years.

Or maybe thrilling games of Battle Hamsters. Its a coin toss, really.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting observation about February... it's this time of year when I usually add to my lead/plastic pile the most: impulse purchases, planning new projects, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gamer response to Seasonal Affective Disorder?
      We're all hunkered down under the snow and not distracted/kept busy by yard work, summer activities, vacations so we can dream about our hobby stuff?

      Delete
  2. I just ordered O Group. It's killing me that my 6mm figures for those rules are in storage and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

    At least you've made some progress on some things. I've not done any gaming thing since August other than pack most of my stuff away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those building ruins are looking promising. Are the facades from HO scale buildings?

    ReplyDelete