In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, March 6, 2021

First Wave of Napoleonics Done!

Aided by a three hour Zoom hang out with my gaming buddies,  I got considerably far along on the 2nd batch of Russians!

So my Sharp Practice project now stands at a Formation of 2 groups of Prussian Landwehr with 2 Big Men and a Formation of 3 groups of Russian musketeers plus 6 skirmishers with 4 Big Men. 


The bag of 2nd hand Russians I got super cheap at Hot Lead so many years ago has a lot of officers in it. Fortunately several are in field caps so I turned a couple of them into Prussians.



Of course this is all the low hanging fruit of figures that I'd already prepped and started all those years ago before abandoning the project. I'll now have to scrape, assemble and prime the other half of the Prussians, 4 groups of Russian Grenadiers from Warlord and I can make a Formation of 3 groups plus 6 skirmishers of Russian Jaegers out of the rest of the 2nd hand bag.

I am basing the infantry 4 figures on a 40mm x 40mm stand and the skirmishers on 20mm single bases for flexibility to play Black Powder or put them into a game of General d'Armee with Scott's massive collection. Big Men are on 1 inch washers for ease of identification. 





No comments:

Post a Comment