In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Spanish Orcs

I am eagerly awaiting 2 dozen 3D printed orcs to arrive from Spain. 

painting by Angus McBride 

The designer is Mat Sofar and Knucklebones Miniatures on Patreon

Orcs on the march! Painting by Angus McBride Tim Kirk (oops!) 

I really liked his designs because they have a strong Angus McBride aesthetic to them.

painting by Angus McBride 

Also because my Legions of Badness really need some pole armed 'offensive' heavy foot and these uruks have a pleasing selection of heavy chopping weapons.

digital view of orcs with 30mm human for scale. I asked to have them made a bit smaller 

With postage, 3rd party license fee and €2.5/figure for resin they aren't economical, ending up costing me about Cdn$5/figure. Metal castings are almost cheaper. 

But they are quite unique and splendid, and I haven't seen anything like these in metal. Closest that I've seen on the Wargaming in Middle Earth Facebook group are some kit bash figures using several different sets. Which again drives the price per figure up.

I will probably need a break from Bavarians by the time they arrive. 


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to say this, James, but the second orcish picture is by an artist named Tim Kirk. It was from a Tolkien calendar from back in the '70's. I've always liked that painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are unique and splendid. I really look forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete