In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fall Renewal

I am recovering from the first Field Training Exercise with the cadets in two years.

Covid-19 restrictions and virtual training meant that last year cadets was entirely on line. Our experienced Senior Cadets all aged out without proper send offs and we've got a new cohort come up without the chance to develop properly. 

But increased vaccinations and easing restrictions has resulted in some limited Face To Face training again.  We were able to, on very short notice, put together a one day training scheme to teach some basic survival techniques, fire the air rifles and give the new Senior Cadets some important opportunities to practice leadership and instruction. 



My usual FTX look. Rain jacket over fleece sweater. Plus Covid mask.

Getting some range work 

Air to Ground signals and basic survival skills

Trying to make fires on a wet day

Improvised shelters




We had 21 cadets out who all had fun (they were all very excited to have MREs for lunch) and learned some new things and knocked the rust off some skills that had atrophied with the Senior Cadets. 

It was good to have my fleece sweater on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment