In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, December 5, 2021

"I Ain't Been Shot Mum" Game

A banner weekend! People were available so I serendipitously had my FIFTH face to face game in THREE weeks!

This past Saturday Scott brought his never played with before WW2 Americans up for a game of I Ain't Been Shot, Mum. Americans attacking over some generic Normandy type terrain. They got 6 platoons to the German 4. They also rolled well and got a Forward Air Controller. Mikey helped Scott run the Americans and Patrick helped me with the Germans.

Scott took an American Armored Coy HQ plus 2x tank platoons and 2x Armored Rifle platoons, a MMG platoon and a platoon of M10 tank destroyers.

I took a Grenadier Company HQ with MG42s, 2x infantry platoons, a Pak 40 AT gun platoon and a platoon of Tiger 1s.

German blinds

Americans attacking from the far end

American blinds are super close. Shit's about to get real!

Tigers come off blinds and start hammering Shermans. 

The M4A3 with 76mm however survived the first couple of rounds and got some revenge. Annoyingly whenever a Tiger hit an M4A3 it rolled really well on it's armor dice.

The Americans are putting all of their attack on their right

"Achtung! Jabos!" Scott is excited to get his sexy P47 on the table for the first time

Oof! Tiger Zug leader is brewed up. Remaining Tiger shifts to engage the flanking Sherman platoon.


German flank, a section of grenadiers and an MG42 ambush the American platoon crossing the field. Scott will call down some 105mm howitzers on them and extricate what's left of his platoon.


I redeployed two of the Pak40s on my right to cover American thrust on the left. But this then left a platoon of M10s free to get around to my rear. One Pak40 killed one of them but still. 

American infantry in the orchard firefighting with occupied buildings


Too many Yanks!

A clear, but bloody American victory when we called it at midnight. The Germans had lost about 30 KIA (including AT gun and tank crews), a Pak40 and 3 Tigers, but they'd be lucky to get the remaining two Pak40s away I think. The Americans had lost about 45 or so KIA (including tank crews) and 6 tanks with another heavily damaged, all of which will probably be replaced within the week.


1 comment:

  1. Very busy game with a lot going on! Nice to see the scenario show off the strengths of both sides.

    ReplyDelete