In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, May 15, 2022

IR Nr 10 (1st Silesian Infantry)

Another battalion of Perry plastic Prussians marches off the painting table. This and the next battalion will have the yellow cuffs and collars of Silesian infantry regiments.

I used the flag from the painting guide insert that comes with the box. Both battalions of IR Nr 10 used the same flag, and I've got two boxes, so I may do the second unit the same. Or a blue flag for IR Nr 11 (2nd Silesian) from www.warflag.com


Normally I photocopy the painting guide, but I just cut this one out and found the heavy paper harder to work with than the usual printer paper. It is thicker and doesn't take folds as easily and I definitely had to paint out the white edge once the glue dried.


I didn't bother with any Big Men since I have several Big Men with yellow facings from painting my Silesian Landwehr way back at the start of the project.



The observant among you will notice that I'm using a sexy new back drop for the pictures. I got it and two other designs for free from Jon Hodgson. Printed them out and glued them onto some foam core. They're only 8 1/2" x 11", so a bit tight to fit a full unit in front of, it, but what do you want for free?

4 comments:

  1. Great looking Prussians and nice backdrop!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice the new back drop- I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backdrop looks wonderfully Germanic and compliments the figures nicely, which are also very nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete