In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, May 28, 2023

UNMC Marines Repainted


I decided that I didn't like the olive green paint scheme on my UNMC Marines. The Tamiya paint I used went on thin, giving me some natural highlights, but not consistently. And the very realistic, everything is green, scheme made a lot of the wonderful details on the Ground Zero Games sculpts disappear.

Marines in the old paint scheme defending the FOB from Martian attack

So it just wasn't doing it for me.

Everyone got overpainted in "Neutral Grey" then dry brushed "Dove Grey." Weapons were painted black with "Neutral Grey" dry brushing to make them stand out a little bit, but still be camouflaged. Visors were yellow again. A "Uniform Blue" dot on the shoulder was a nod to a UN badge. One of the command figures got a red helmet stripe and another got two blue helmet stripes so I can tell which unit has my force commander in game. I also took the opportunity to paint out the colour coded dots I had put on bases so I could tell who was what for my old rules.




Power Armour team. Just in case I want to put my force commander in an elite team, one of them has a red helmet stipe too.

Fast and simple. Took me longer to think about it than to actually do it, which is the story of many hobby projects really.


No comments:

Post a Comment