In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, August 31, 2026

Reinforcements for the Tolly-Maeryn

I wanted to work on these weirdos months ago. But I couldn't find the box of parts that I had set somewhere safe for weeks, until I found them while looking for something else, naturally. 

Fortunately I found them before Don reprinted everything. 

Light Machine Gunners

But what has been lost, is found again, as the Padre says. And assembled and painted. Hopefully I have enough now to put together a decent ~400 point force of them for Clash of Rhyfles.  I tried last month, but the low Skill value on the basic rhyflers meant I was struggling to get a 300 point squad together. 


They also rely on a lot of squad LMGs and an assortment of Leader options to make up for the low Skill of their basic conscript Home Guard rank and file. 

And I mean a lot of LMGs. They can have 3 per squad if I give one to the Milwer (Corporal). So I need Don to print me another 5 to 8 LMGs for the complete company. 

Veteran in camouflage cloak 

One of the leader options is a Veteran who has rejoined the ranks to defend the homeland. He has infiltrate and a better skill level, so he's good for sneaking about and being annoying.

Technically they're carrying Harlechs, but on one figure the rhyfle had broken off, so I cut the end off a Bostad rhyfle used by the squaddies.

Rebuilt rhyfle on the right 

Leaders all gesturing

Another character they get is the grouchy Veteran, who is missing an arm,  which explains his bad mood I'm sure, but he brings his experience, higher Skill, Leadership, and being a good pistol shot to the battlefield. 

Since I don't need two one-armed veterans, I added a pointing arm to another to make another officer. 

I also needed another NCO to finish the fourth squad. This is a dyna (quar female). 


Another one of their things is rhyfle grenadiers. Two per squad. Trying to build a rhyfler aiming their rhyfle upwards wasn't working, so I opted for declaring that all rhyfle grenadiers are wearing the soft hat with plumes. 


These ones also have spherical grenades on their belts. 

They're also dynas (female quar). But it's hard to tell with the rhyfles across their busts.



Except for more LMGs, this army is complete. 

Unless I want to add their bicycle dragoons. 

1 comment: