![]() |
| Warp Cannon and Jezzails |
Games Workshop bases. I hate them so much.
They're thick and weird shapes and don't fit other game systems without work arounds. But without puddle bases you're forced to use them. I'm not going to try and support a big Rat Ogre on one foot, are you?
At least they're thick enough to hold onto while painting. Although with the Warp Cannon, I could not get all three of the pegs to line up anyway.
So I've been putting the Skaven on them until I figured something out. For characters that's fine. But units? Hmmm....
My other Midgard bases for the Romans and Middle Earth collection are already pretty thick for strength. Sitting GW figures on top would mean they'd be half an inch above the table! That's too thick. A friend on Discord designed one with a big enough hole to sit a Rat Ogre in on his 50mm base, plus another stl for a standard 8 figures in a 4x2 configuration. I'll have those ready in time for their throwdown with Pasha Dan's Chaos Dwarfs.
| Work in progress shot. Using the thick bases as holders. |
Once I got things painted though I sliced off the pegs and glued the Warp Cannon and Jezzails to 120mm wide bases for Midgard. The cannon needed 120mm depth as well which left a lot of area empty. Some toy clay bricks were used to make some dramatic piles of rubble. Model railway ballast was also added.
If I get enough extra rat swarms or loose giant rats from Don, I'll add some scuttling around the rubble.
![]() |
| "Push harder Nibbles! Yes-yes!" "Oh shut up! The Great Horned One should bite your tail, yes-yes!" |
![]() |
| Wishing he'd eaten more warp stone and had been able to pursue a career as a Grey Seer instead of the artillery corps. |


























No comments:
Post a Comment