In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Livery and Maintenance

So I was stocking the dairy section the other day. I was doing a lot of work in the walk-in cooler and freezers so I had my old CAW logo'd black hoodie on (at least it's black). The boss comes up and hands me a spffy Buy Food jacket "Here, wear this. I'm worried if my boss sees you in that sweater he'll want to fire you."

I suppose I could have taken offence, but I figure if the company is going to give me clothes I'll wear them. I'll wear Buy Food underwear if they pay for it. I've worked in union and non-union shops. One place the company was pretty fair and I thought the workers didn't really need a union. In another, the company seemed to enjoy jerking folks around and they needed one. As long as the management are reasonable and treat folks fairly they don't have to worry about unions. After all I'd rather have the money for unionn dues in my pocket instead of the union's.

As an added bonus I've passed the three months mark at the Buy Food. The boss came up to me and said "Well if I wanted to get rid of you the deadline was yesterday, so fill this out and get it back to me ASAP." It was paperwork for benefits. Benefits! How cool is that?

It's not as great a package as I had at Cooper, but it's way better than I expected. Everyone here needs new glasses and a trip to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment