In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

SYW Update: Pandours

As promised here are the pictures of the latest additions to my 15mm SYW Austrian army.

I've added two battalions of Pandours to the order of battle. The ruffian in red are from the Carlstadt Liccaner Grenz Regiment and the chaps in blue are from the Carlstadt Szuiner Grenz Regiment. I based them on 1 1/4" washers to make them look more like a cloud of irregulars.





I liked the effect so much I rebased my Prussian jaegers too:


Better. But they still look a bit regimented, which is symptomatic of the limited Essex sculpts.

So here's the brigade thus far, all flocked and ready:




The observant will notice a third musketeer battalion. Here they are in close up:


I went with the earlier War of Austrian Succession uniform regulation and gave them red waistcoats to match their facings.

I had to reinforce firing line figures where the musket joins the hands with some epoxy glue. It's a weak spot. I have a whole battalion of kneeling figures with broken muskets. So with the Bavarians at 5 battalions I now have a total of 11 battalions and 4 guns to face Frederick the Great with. Some cavalry will be added next.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the red-coated Pandours/Grenz and you've done a very nice job with them.

    cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete