In between work and doing a Distance Learning course for my Basic Officer Training I've been beavering away at the painting table. I've pretty much done the 1st cohort of auxiliaries, which I've aptly named 'Cohores I Gallia Victrix' (at least I hope they'll be victorious, might be a tad premature). 16 figures. I tried just the basic block painting and dip approach I've seen advocated. It was a bit frustrating actually. The plastic figures have a lot more undercuts and recesses that are hard to get at and still be tidy. I'm going to go back to giving everyone a brown base coat first, so any missed bits are brown 'shading' instead of glaring white primer!
The one ranker popped off his nail while I was removing the excess dip, but at least I didn't loose him into the can! After a bit of knocking against the rim of the can I use a brush to brush away the excess and keep it flowing. I also learned I needed to shut off my task lighting (I have a work light on a tripod that I position just beside me to shine on my work area) since I think the heat from the bulb was causing the dip to dry quicker. I just need to touch up a few spots where the Army Painter puddled, add the shield transfers and base.
I also did those scorpions I assembled:
As you can see the Tribune has been removed from his old base and I gave him some shading in a few spots. All in all I'm pretty pleased. I think some legionaries next.
Russian SYW: Apsheronskiy Infantry Regiment
22 minutes ago