In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reinforcements Already! Warlord Legionaries: Review

These chaps arrived in the mail last week for me to review:


Warlord Game's new boxed set of legionaries. You now get 20 legionaries and a scorpion. (The old 30 legionary box is still avaiable however from the webstore.) The box contents are:
  • 1 sprue of 10 legionaries
  • 1 sprue of 7 legionaries and 3 command figures (centurion, cornicen and signifer)
  • 1 sprue of 1 scorpion and 2 screw
  • 1 sheet of shield transfers.
Some sprue shots:


Legionary sprue front
 
Legionary sprue back
 
Command sprue front
 
Command sprue back
For a shot of the scorpion sprue go to my review of the Scoprion Battery here and pictures of my painting a pair of them here.

The details are all nicely executed. There is a little bit of flash that will need to be trimmed. Most of the figures are pretty simple; body, one arm (choose either pilum or gladius armed) to glue on, add shield and head. There are some nice extras on the sprues, extra empty helmets, extra pila and a few extra small shields which will be handy for making casualty markers or adding to vignettes.

For extra fun, they also included this blister pack of beauties:


The Roman slave girls. Nice sculpts. Reasonable proportions. Good detail. They look nice without going too far into male fantasy land. I have no idea right now what I'm going to do with them, but I'm sure once I have a camp or fort they'll look lovely attending to the Prefect.

Stay tuned for how I get on with painting the legionaries up.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff, your going to be rather busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box contents look great, I'm looking forward to seeing them ready for action. Not sure if I agree with dropping the handy box of 30 figs for an extra unit though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 30 figure box is still on their website. A friend got a couple and they have 1 command sprue and 2x legionary sprues.

    ReplyDelete