In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Comes Early

My single biggest gaming buy of the year has finally, at long last and after much anticipation, arrived.

I got the owner of those German paras I finished last month to buy me the full Lard deal for the new edition of I Ain't Been Shot Mum from Too Fat Lardies. My GBP40.00 (Cdn$64.00) got me:


The rules are gorgeous and the eye candy is actually used to illustrate examples in the text as often as possible. The set of tokens are nicely done in plastic and will hopefully cover all eventualities for AFV damage and shock on troops (which will be more aesthetically pleasing than scraps of paper with 'engine damage' or 'gun KO'd' scribbled on them!). The card deck is pretty extensive and should be able to accommodate any scenario for IABSM; you get a set of 2 Company HQ cards, 8 infantry platoon cards, 5 armoured platoon cards, 8 Big Men, 3 support platoon cards, 5 AT gun cards plus the usual ammo shortage, hesitant troop, dynamic and heroic leaders, recce bonus for the Axis and the Allies, plus 2 Tea Breaks and 4 blank cards for devising your own special cards.

At the top right corner of the book is the limited edition 28mm Hugh Jarce figure that came with the bundle deal. Since I play in 15mm I'm not sure what I will do with him, but I'll figure something out!

I'm looking forward to giving these a try over the holidays. I'm sure Mike can be talked into bringing his Western Desert tanks out some night for a small bash to learn the new rule changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment