In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Warlord Plastic Napoleonic Russian Infantry: a Review

To reinforce the plastic Landwehr I reviewed last year, some Russian infantry have arrived at the Basement of Rabbits:



This is one of three plastic Russian infantry sets Warlord has released; Russian Infantry 1812-1815 (pictured above), Russian Infantry 1807-1815 and Pavlosk's Grenadiers. The set includes 8 sprues, each with parts for 4 infantry, 4 metal command figures and a sheet of full colour flags. This will give you a nice wargames unit of 36 figures (or since the command group has two ensigns, you could field two smaller battalions for the frugal gamer).


Above: contents of the command pack. Nice wire flag poles and cast finials. The drummer has two options; one with his shako under arm and bareheaded and the other with shako on.

Sprue shots, front and back:



The separate packs allow for better detail with the equipment and resolves my only issue with the Prussian Landwehr. The faces and shako cords are nicely done. Notice that you get two shako options for either grenadiers or musketeers.

I'm thinking that if time allows it next year, my new project will be an allied force for some Napoleonic gaming using Sharp Practice. Mike already has the French, so I'm all set really. Now I just need to decide how to assemble these fine fellows.

These are now in my store for $29.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment