In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Playing with some Christmas goodies!

Mrs. Rabbitman didn't know what to get me for the holiday, so I helped her out and picked off the shelves some 4Ground 15mm buildings for my WW2 games.

Spent this morning putting together 15S-EAW-103 Terrace Type 1 along with the add-on floor 15S-EAW-103A.

As usual careful pre-reading of the well illustrated instructions and dry fitting things first to see how it all goes together pays dividends. I also used a small syringe to apply the glue and kept some damp paper towels close to hand to wipe off excess that leaked out of the seams. Once each floor was together I used some elastic bands to clamp it all in place until the glue set.

The roof sections were a bit tricky and took a bit more thought and I had to trim the dormers a bit to get a flush fit. A couple of pieces were mislabeled, but the dry fitting helped sort that out easily.

But they went together well and look quite spiffing.



As you can see the floors and attic are all accessible for that essential house clearing. I also picked out some sidewalks to wrap around the building. I just need to sort out how to make some cobbled streets to complete the look.

But this all went together in about 2 hours. I was listening to the 70 minute long classical music CD daughter #2 gave me for most of it.

Included on the instruction sheet are some period advertisements, street signs and propaganda posters.


The cheese poster is a must, but now I need to decide if we're on the way to Bastogne, Calais or Maastericht?

On to the next kit!

4 comments:

  1. Love my 4Ground buildings and fully intend to get more.

    The extra floor makes yours look very cool - almost like it could be in some sort of Caen type town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they did the extra floors so you can make 'big city' terrace blocks

      Delete
  2. Calais! Cobbled streets? Easy. Some high density foam sheet, take an old Paintbrush, remove the bristles so that you´re left with the empty hollow metal bristle holder and then use that to press cobble pattern into the foam. A bit tedious but it ´s cheap and "easy-ish"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would look a bit funny on my felt sheet though....

      Delete