In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bookshelves

Mrs. Rabbitman and I are both liberal arts majors, so our house has books all over naturally. Each bed room has a bookcase. There is a big, hand made bookcase at the top of the stairs with everything from my medieval lit books to murder mysteries.

In my proto-mancave of a basement are my history books. Three bookcases all arranged by historical period. Now that the shelves of J&M boxes are out of the way I can see them and get to them.

And they need a good dusting.... :-\


Ancient to Medieval
Samurai, SYW, Napoleon, lots of Colonial and some WW1
Ospreys, WW2, Canadian military and historical fiction
Cupboard stuffed with gaming magazines
Science, Literary Criticism other stuff including a box of university essays to remind me I used to think Big Thoughts

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. A man can never have too many books.

    However, my wife - a civil engineer - has decreed that no more bookshelves will be permitted in the upstairs game room, for fear that it might suddenly become a downstairs game room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D The bookshelf mentioned at the top of our stairs has some pretty serious wall anchors to keep it from heading downstairs.

      I wish budgetary restrictions would let me buy more books!

      Delete
  2. that looks like a good little library.
    I have snared two of the three kids into loving books... my wife looks at all the bookcases and sighs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And this is just my history library. Loads of others all over the house. Best way to have literate children is to have books in the house!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. And this is just my history library. Loads of others all over the house. Best way to have literate children is to have books in the house!

      Delete