|One long section didn't make it into the layout|
In the last two weeks I made 13 more sections of pot field, using up all my stocks of fake greenery and I finished the irrigation ditches. After coating the banks with glue and fine sand the sections were spray painted. The water was then painted a dark brown. I noticed some bald sections in the sand which I covered with some tan static grass.
|I should add some trees along the ditch banks|
A couple of the end cap sections had some cuts in the surface which I covered with tufts. Since the tufts were brown I coloured the tops with Games Workshop "Orc flesh wash" which is green naturally.
I sealed the ends with tape and then poured the Woodland Scenics "Water Effects Resin" the Madpadre gave me. Just to be cautious I gave it 48 hours to cure instead of 24. I then added green Woodland Scenics "coarse turf" in patches along the banks, covering any flaws. Pouring the resin was challenging, trying to get coverage but not let it get deeper than the recommended 1/8th inch thickness.
Inspired by pictures on the Silver Whistle blog and the Too Fat Lardies blog I made six foot bridges from match sticks and coffee stirrers. They are all movable. Painting started with a honey brown which was too bright. I weathered it with dove grey which was too pale. A brown ink wash was applied and then wiped off with a rag to get the final effect. Which was just right.
So now it's grape fields and huts, walls and a few compounds.