In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, April 8, 2016

Magpie

My work space has exploded this past couple of weeks...

I had gotten the Perry Miniatures mediaeval gun I picked up at Hotlead assembled, but bad weather has kept me from getting them primed.


Last week the Lion Rampant Facebook group announced a painting contest. "Great!" thinks I, "motivation to paint up some of the lead pile!"

So I dig out these Norman cavalry.

But then Mikey was able to pick up for me a box of Perry halberds, which I'd been needing for several years to arm a bag of Old Glory Swiss (sold as pikemen but I need more halberdiers so...), so I switch to those, and why just do 12 for the contest? May as well prep the whole bag while I'm at it.

Also last week I finally assembled the Apache model I picked up last fall while watching Midsommer Murders with Mrs Rabbitman and painted it up this week.

Not a great model, but good enough. Just need to apply the decals and finish the stand I made from a heavy washer and length of wire.

The Taurus ARV is also done but awaiting a vehicle commander for the open hatch.

So my crowded table is quite the magpie collection of paint and lead shavings and 6 different things going on.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have time to finish that Perry cannon. Cannon can make really arresting models. Do you think you would put all the crew and the gun on one big base/diorama, or do them all separately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd base them the same as my other three mediaeval guns done back in March 2013! http://www.rabbitsinmybasement.blogspot.ca/2013/03/medieval-artillery.html

      Delete
  2. So short answer, one big base, but not glue the gun down.

    ReplyDelete