In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Objectives Achieved

I have the Pottersville Gangster project pretty much where I want it now. I even did up another 8 gunsels. So time to move on to other projects and corners of the lead stash.

Latest off the painting bench this week is the 1/72nd scale plastic trebuchet from Zvezda that I got on a discount at Hotlead back on March. It will be an objective for castle sorties or relief forces to destroy in Lion Rampant or Dragon Rampant games.



It's a wonderfully detailed kit and still quite big as you can see from the nearby 28mm Foundry Roman officer. The only issues were trying to get the tension on the cables and only having one spare rock, so I made some piles of ammunition with balls of greenstuff.

The other objective achieved is a personal one.

A year ago work brought in a new machine to coat saw blades and I have finally been moved over to it full time. This means straight days and opportunities for over time. Plus I am mostly self directing which is nice. The new area is quieter and cleaner. I've been making the Boss happy by taking the initiative to learn the steps to prep parts before my part (to keep busy and help me speed up) and staying a half hour to get a 3rd load in for the day, which is pretty painless but adds up.

My new kingdom 

Being home every evening has had the knock on benefit of an hour or 30 minutes of hobby time before bed every night too, which nudges things along steadily.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Looking (and now rare) Trebuchet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trebuchet looks beautiful, and congrats on the personal advances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always glad to see (superb) trebuchets!

    ReplyDelete