In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Mantovian Infantry

 


NEW ALLIES IN THE COLD WAR!

Mantovian Reservists Exchange Nazi Grey For NATO Green 

ISABELSTADT, MANTOVIA (Reuters)- Only a few years after being disbanded in 1945 after the Nazi surrender, the Mantovian army is being reconstructed to help in the fight against Soviet aggression. 

Veterans of the German 816th Infantry Regiment are being joined by youthful conscripts as every male over 18 undergoes compulsory National Service. 

Once they have completed their year of training, the Landwehr are sent home with their new FN rifles, ready to mobilize at an hour's notice. With hostile, Soviet-backed Communist Tartaria just over the border, the new national army is taking it's job of national defense very seriously and every member on Reserve status must shoot ten rounds at their local gun club once a month, plus report for a month of training once a year.

British Army instructors admire their dedication and seriousness. "Many of the older veterans saw service on the Russian Front," remarked Staff Sergeant Wiggins of the Royal Oxfordshire Fusiliers. "So they understand the value of a well sighted trench and are passing that knowledge to the younger soldiers."


Each four stands will be a section for IABSM, or each three stands will be a platoon for O Group.


Don's printer died when he was printing the rest of the infantry, including their Carl Gustavs and LMGs. But they are incoming and I'll make some stands including those Support Weapons very soon.

A serial taking their Advanced Mountain Warfare Course.

Command stand

Also participating in Advanced Combined Arms Training


Don also decided I needed 10x Bedford Lorries. The Landsers are quite pleased with these, since they only had horse drawn transport while under the Nazi regime.


Combat Group HQ. I want to turn these into a proper stand with a Landrover and some camouflage netting.

Centurion refuels and rearms. I guess I need to make a B-Echelon vignette too.


No comments:

Post a Comment