In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Sabotage!

ISABELSTADT (Reuters)- In a daring night time raid, Tartarian "Specialinas," commandos from the специална група за действие (spetsialna grupa za deĭstvie - "Special Action Group") struck at a battlegroup tactical headquarters, destroying two radio vans.

The British liason commented while observing the removal of the wreckage, "Sneaky buggers! Fortunately there weren't any casualties or anything of intelligence value. Well, we'll have a new Tac HQ up and running soon enough."

This escalation in tensions has been met with less sanguine reactions from western embassy staffs, who are amplifying efforts to reinforce the small mountainous country, best known for it's cheese. 

When asked if Mantovian Special Forces, the Gebirsjaegern ("Mountain Rangers"), would be striking back, Field Marshall Remisch, Chief of Staff, replied with a terse "We cannot comment on ongoing operations."

******************

I was tidying up last week and moving my Mantovian and Tartarian troops into their forever boxes, when I discovered a puddle of grey goo!

Note cracks in underside and warping of the radio cabs

Toxic spill!

Obviously, there was a pocket of uncured resin that broke, leaking its sticky mess. I had already submerged all the trucks in isopropyl and drained them before painting. 

Only one stand of infantry got some resin on its edge, fortunately. That should be easy to clean up with some isopropyl and brown paint. 

More are being printed in Las Vegas at time of publication, along with an upgrade to the Königliech Mantovisch Luftwaffe which being kept secret for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment