A chum of the Mad Padre's, who I hunted in Mike's PBEM campaign
Swan of the East (he was Captain of the notorious and much sought-after Emden)
is in the region visiting and was hoping that the three of us could get together.
My July dance card has been rather full, but Peter and I found a mutual gap in our schedules this past Wednesday night. After dithering over what game to put on, Mike suggested I show off my Quar.
A simple 300 point squad vs squad game of Clash of Rhyflers would fit the bill.
 |
| I set up at the top right edge. Peter set up lower left. |
For a learning game I decided to keep things simple. A basic Crusader squad with attached H11a LMG, and a basic Coftyran squad with attached sharpshooter.
I set up some trenches on a 3x3 for lots of cover, and because I haven't used my trenches with CoR yet.
 |
| Pushed my sharpshooter out to the flank, which was great until a Ryshi knocked him OOA |
 |
| LMG teams blasting away at each other |
 |
| Yawdryl and 3 Rhyflers try to flank the Crusaders |
I suggested Peter take the Crusaders, since they're easier, and let him choose a table edge. I set up opposite.
 |
| Vicious bayonet fight at the intersection! I was winning until I wasn't. |
 |
| Crusader squad marksquar |
 |
| Crusader LMG |
 |
| Clearing the trench of all my OOA figures |
We threw grenades. We had a nasty bayonet fight in a trench. We used supporting fire. Machine guns blasted away.
We played 4 full turns and when we called things at 10 pm I had 1 lonely rhyfler left to his 5. Peter found the rules pretty quick to pick up and will hopefully take some Quar enthusiasm home with him.
I lost, but the real victory was making a new friend.
This was game
24, for the year!
That's terrific! Peter is a fine fellow and glad you got along. I'm sure he has the Quar bug now, it does seem quite contagious!
ReplyDeleteHe informed me that Curt has Quar
DeleteGreat looking game James and even better that you got to share it with someone new who seemed to enjoy the experience too!
ReplyDeleteI had fun, thanks for hosting me James. It was great to meet up. Your table looked great, love the figures and the rules were fun. Thumbs up all around
ReplyDeleteGreat layout for a fun game
ReplyDeleteExcellent looking trench terrain!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James