In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Reusing Some Epic Dice

I used to play a lot of Epic 40K. It was pretty fun game actually although I just couldn't get into the back ground fluff which really influenced the game itself. And I didn't like big stompy Titans and Gargants, although the time my unit of Nobz took down Scott's Imperator titan was pretty cool. But the rules had a lot of good ideas and I kept the books and orders dice even after I traded the armies to start my Colonial collection. I was even working on a WW2 version for Don Perrin, when he was manufacturing a line of 10mm WW2 figures.

During my last game with the Mad Padre (see last post) I wanted to put a 17 pdr on Overwatch. I remembered the green Epic order dice and got one out from my 'Game Master box'/chest of drawers thing.
Green Epic die used to show 'Overwatch' status. Handy, given what just came around the corner!
After the game, I had the thought to use them for indicating tank unit orders. In I Ain't Been Shot, Mum v.3 tank unit big men can issue an order to their entire troop to either "transit," "hunt," or "engage." "Transit" is basically a road march and gives a bonus to their movement (roll an extra die and discard the lowest) but that's all they can do. "Hunt" is limited moving but the unit has pluses to spotting. "Engage" is even more limited movement, but pluses to shooting.

I've tried using tank orders before but always forget what I've ordered a unit to do, or even if I gave them a unit order. Scraps of paper work, but look kind of ugly. Whereas dice are nice.

So here are the four sides I think I'll use:

I'm not sure where anyone would find dice like this other than a second hand set of Epic 40K. Some times, not throwing stuff out,comes in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment