In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Late Roman Auxilia

Finished two 12 figure cohorts of auxilia palatina for the commission project.

There was a time I could tell you the names from the shield designs. But now? Not so much. I'm sure I painted the unit with the blue shield and yellow fork in 15mm with some old Viking Forge figures 30- odd years ago.

The Little Big Men Studios transfers don't cover the shields exactly, so the edges need to be cleaned up.

Before:



After:

Finding a blue to match the blue fork on the yellow shield has been a challenge.

Some group shots. I think the customer is still sourcing Draco standards for them.




3 comments: