In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Want vs. Need

Do I need a 1/72nd scale Taurus armoured engineering vehicle?
Not really.
Do I want a 1/72nd scale Taurus armoured engineering vehicle?
I didn't know that I did until one was offered to me.

A gaming contact had purchased one  from Baxmod Models out of South Africa for a 1985 era 4 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (Canada's NATO contingent) project.

After assembling the model he realized that it was on the current Leopard 2 hull. He needs one on the Leopard 1 hull. After reading about my Canadians in the Panjwayi project he contacted me with a deal.

So this arrived in the mail this week:

Already assembled and primed!

And he did a brilliant job with some rare earth magnets so that the crane moves!

Here it is compared to my Dragon Models Leopard:

My Combat Engineer detachment just got an upgrade!

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool. The magnets are a nice touch.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be able to tell me any more about who did the Dorkshire toy soldier game at hot lead? I would be interested to hear what rules they used.
    thanks
    Alan

    ReplyDelete