In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

Mrs. Rabbitman agrees that no matter how old you are, one should get something fun for Christmas, not utilitarian socks and toiletries.
Her idea of fun is pretty broad, so things like nice baking gear and specialty food (the 5 year old cheddar a few years back was pretty yummy!) are part of that. This year I got her some handmade scissors for her quilting from Earnest Wright & Son in Sheffield. Hopefully they'll arrive sometime this year. But she is pleased nonetheless.

Whereas I got the above, the newest cracking read from Mark Zuehlke and a new mug for my favourite reading accompaniment. As you can see the mug has been played with already. The girls have also paid for snow removal for the winter, so now I am hoping it will snow so I can stay inside enjoying the new mug without fretting about clearing the driveway!


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas James! Enjoy the read & tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good haul! "Snow removal"?? I'd never heard of it before today... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Some fellow shows up every time it snows with a snowblower to clear your driveway. It's a popular off-season income for tradesmen and landscapers.

      Delete
  3. Excellent gifts for the season. I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment on the mug, too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an interesting book. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete