In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, December 26, 2014

Mmmmm

The Christmas yummies keep rolling on!
Today Mrs. Rabbitman made her Christmas Trifle.
Soaked with sherry of course.
It was meant for yesterday, but we ran out of steam so it got postponed.

I think this, along with her traditional Christmas Eve tourtiere (a French Canadian meat pie made with ground pork and mashed potatoes), are the foods I most think of as being special for Christmas. Even more so than the usual roast turkey.

Tomorrow the Mad Padre is coming over to eat some trifle and play some games, so I'll stop talking about food and get back to gaming posts shortly.

3 comments:

  1. I miss having both. I haven't made them in a long time. I did make Irish Potato pancakes, or Rottsi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call a trifle.
    Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for 2015,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Nana used to make trifle. I always wondered why I'd go to sleep so early on trifle days . . . .

    FMB

    ReplyDelete