In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Land Mattress

Another piece knocked off the lead pile.

A few years back someone found a blister pack of Battlefront Land Mattress rocket artillery for $5 and gave them to me for my WW2 Canadians. With their 8 kilometer range, in my games of I Ain't Been Shot Mum I'd need to set them up next door. But my friend Don plays Flames of War and has a Canadian army, so I painted them up for him.



The warheads were a challenge, with their green and red rings, but if you don't look too close they'll do.

Deployed in front of my books on the Rhineland and Scheldt battles until Don comes North again.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the western Allies used land based rocket artillery, so had to go do some digging.. fascinating stuff.. it must have been terrifying to be on the receiving end... there's a brief snatch of one in action here if you haven't seen it.. https://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675037794_Infantry-of-1st-Canadian-Army_war-prisoners_marching-forward_engineering-equipments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool bit of film! Thanks.
      Glad I inspired you to learn something new too.

      Delete