I haven't bought anything since November, which is pretty good. But since then I've pondered something like EIGHT or NINE expansions to current projects or entirely new projects;
- adding more infantry and terrain to my 15mm WW2 Russians (so looking at Peter Pig and Novus Designs)
- building 1940s French to give another early war opponent to my Panzer Is and IIs (so Peter Pig again and Forged in Battle)
- well if Early War, then why not Poles? (True North and Forged in Battle)
- finally pulling the trigger on building my Middle Earth Dwarf army into a force that can stand alone (Conqueror Models)
- or how about we revisit my childhood African Imagine-Nation, Ruanda and have Centurions fighting with T55s? (so a lot of QRF and PSC and more Peter Pig)
- or maybe do it in 20mm? or move the fight to something more European (Western aligned Mantovia vs. the sinister Soviet bloc Boduria) and use early Cold War British infantry?
- or add to my 20mm modern Afghanistan (Elheim and Britannia)?
- Bad Squiddo Games stocks plastic box sets, and I realized with the new Gripping Beast Goth Noble Cavalry one could build a Rohirrim army including some shield maidens in a one stop shop!
- or go way out in left field and do the Battle of Britain because the Air Cadets have me looking at planes and I saw Blood Red Skies boxes on discount or do the cheaper option with GHQ.
- and then the Mad Padre has to go and Tweet a book about Canadian-British trench raiding in WW1!
Some are quite modest additions to current projects, but I ask myself "Do I really need an Afghan goatherd or a second platoon of Canadians for the Panjwayi?" or "Do I need a big addition to the Lead Pile (Dwarves or Rohirrim or French or Poles)?" or "Do I really need a whole new distraction before I've finished something else (Centurion tanks or RAF Spitfires vs. Me109s)?"
Each jump is caused by seeing some nice eye candy in my Social Media feeds. A good castle model has me thinking Dragon Rampant. Someone's Chain of Command post gets me thinking about 1940s French etc.So I keep cycling through the webstores, kicking the tires, planning buy lists and checking the currency rates. I just hope Brexit doesn't cause a big jump in prices from British manufacturers having to pay more for metal before I decide I've cleared off enough of the lead pile and can add to it guilt free.
In the meantime I'll keep cycling though them and try to white knuckle hang on until Hotlead and see what I find there. Which really, is time I could be spending more productively doing something else.