In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Work Bench Update

It's a beautiful autumn Thanksgiving holiday weekend here at Rabbit HQ. So in between some fall errands and chores I'm getting a few hobby projects moved along.

5 boxes of PSC Allied armour ready to go!
I've been slowly assembling a Canadian tank squadron (a full 20 tanks) for my friend Don for over a year now. I put a push on to finish the HQ troop this week so I can get them primed before it freezes outside. The Churchills have been marking time, waiting on the Shermans for a while now. I figured if I get any allied armour painted up I should work on them all. Once primed I can work on them over the winter and hand off Don's squadron to him at Hotlead.

The hulls are all taped down to the boards I use to hold figures while I spray prime them. I'm taking a lesson learned from painting my own PSC Shermans. The turret rings are masked with round stickers and I have tacked the turrets on to nails with some superglue. So hopefully the turrets will be able to rotate once I've done painting them!

Churchill command figure in Sherman turret

I also used a couple of crew commanders from the Churchill box to be his Squadron commander and 2i/c. I like how you can shift the arms to give a bit of variety in the pose.

15mm Mahdists
Still slowly poking along at the Mahdists, and as you can see the Norman church hasn't found a home or paint yet.

Part of the reason I want to clear some things off is this arrived this week:

New project. New scale. I'm so weak.

I ordered three fire teams of Elheim's Modern Canadians and enough Taliban to keep them (and me busy) until he expands the range with enough to build a complete platoon. I also got a news crew, a pack of ANP and some civilians.

Fresh out of the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment