In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Husky Engineering Vehicle Assembled

I was able to assemble the first of the Trumpeter LAV models in only two evenings of Netflix watching. This beats the pants off the Dragon Models Leopard 2A6, which is still struggling along. The Leopard is mostly done, but is waiting for Mrs. Rabbitman's "Brigade Engineering Detachment" to sew the tracks together, so I can glue on the bazooka plates.

Husky awaiting stowage
Husky and LAV 
I found the Trumpeter kit to be very nice. Not overly fiddly and the instructions were very clear. The small pieces were also relatively easy to remove from the sprue without breaking.

Being an engineering vehicle, the LAV Husky is going to get buried in stowage. But then, so are the LAV IIIs. I have begged some from Pasha Dan and have more on order from S and S. Plus I'm going to model some out of wire and putty.

While in Wal-Mart the other day I also found a die cast toy pick up truck for $1.00.


It is a good size for the figures, and for only a buck I won't mind smashing it to look like a wreck. I should probably get a couple more and repaint them for transporting ANP or Taliban. It's a Ford F150, not a Toyota Hilux, but I don't think anyone will care.

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully the one I have comes in about half a dozen pieces but I am sure there is more of a feeling of satisfaction when you have finished those multi part kits. Those die cast vehicles are bargains.
    Look forward to seeing your LAV's all stowed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ford, Hilux, Toyota, whatever it is will get blowed up real good.

    ReplyDelete