In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Tanks, Old and New

Knocked off a couple of things this icy weekend.

First a platoon of Battlefront PzIVGs that I've had painted plain dunkelgelb for years, erroneously thinking mid-war a lot didn't have the green brown camo added.

Sponging the camo on my Brumbars last year inspired me so I took advantage of a clear workspace to camo these up, ready for Italy or the Kursk salient.



I also finished up that second hand T62 I bought last month, turning it into a derelict reminder of the Soviet invasion and following civil war that still littered the countryside even during Operation Medusa.


I broke open the hatches and reglued them into place. Removed the IR light and machine gun.  Broke some tracks. Broke the barrel and reset it at a depressed angle. Scrounged the fuel tanks from some spares and glued them on at an angle to look damaged.
 Dry brushed on some black scorch marks around the engine and turret. Then gave it a good ink wash for rust. Lastly a bit of dry brushed dust over all.
 The tufts are Woodland Scenics "Harvest Gold" field grass glued down with gel superglue.

So some older tanks, painted up new and a new tank, painted up old.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. The T62 looks the part of a forlorn relic of past conflict.

    ReplyDelete