In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, July 9, 2018

Painting the Space Force!

I've been bashing on with the SPACE FORCE and made good progress.

For the MMC (Martian Marine Corps), I wanted red. After much pondering and discussion on the 15mm SF Wargaming Facebook Group I decided that in low light in deep space coloured suits wouldn't matter, and red is cool and very Martian. Doing dirty grey or khaki camouflage was just kinda boring, and I had to consciously make an effort to keep this project different from becoming Afghanistan with rayguns.

Initially I outlined all the detail on the suits with black and then painted the panels a dark red. But I decided something had to be easier or it would take forever to get the figures done. So bright primary red suits, black boots, pouches and weapons. Thinned black ink wash and then grey dry brush on black bits. Yellow visors. Came out the same with less effort.

MMC Rifles advance with Support Gunbot

MMC Fireteam in light armour

MMC Fireteam in heavy powered armour

For the UNMC I used some Tamiya NATO Green. It went on thin enough that it acted as a wash and formed natural highlights. So I just went over the bigger panels on the power armour, weapons and back packs with an olive drab to give some contrast.

UNMC Power armour

UNMC Rifles advancing with APC (from RAFM)

I also tried the terrain out for looks too. The ground sheet is some grey fabric I got on sale and then sprayed liberally with all the spray paints I had to give it a mottled effect.


GZG worker with cargo handling claws
The cago containes aren't super, but they're fast and easy. Stenciling logos and ID numbers would be alot of work. I need to finish up the rest of the MMC first and the three more buildlings that are in various stages of painting.

And rules... need rules...

1 comment:

  1. They do look striking in that colour scheme. I'm thinking of repainting some of my GZG figures, and may well follow your example.

    ReplyDelete