In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Rabbitman Gets the Big O

Excitement abounds in the Townhouse of Solitude as the hot new rules O Group arrived in the mail this week. 


I've been reading the pdf that came with the bundle, but I hate reading digital books, except fiction.  So now, hard copy in hand, I can bash on.

The glossy, heavy stock QRS are quite nice. 

The concepts are quite interesting and the limited orders reminds me of the ADC system in David Brown's other rules General d'Armee and Picket's Charge. The focus is really on the command and control aspects of the battle and the decisions that a battalion commander would or could make. Combat is therefore suitably abstracted.

Table is set up and I hope for a teaching game this weekend. 

German Forward Line of Defense is the red chits. Canadian Start Line is the yellow.

I've also gotten some other reading as inspiration for Sharp Practice and Bag the Hun. 



1 comment:

  1. I've been reading through the rules and I like what I've seen so far. The proof will be in the playing, which I'd love to say will happen soon-ish, but is more likely many many months away.

    ReplyDelete