In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, February 21, 2022

Prost! The Last Bavarians

 


I have finished all of my Bavarians! This second battalion of Perry infantry took me quite a while to get around to finishing, but they are done now thanks to a renewal of energy and a snowy long weekend. For the Perry fahnenjunkers on this and the previous battalion I had to cut out a bit of my flags printed from Warflags in order to fit around the hand.


Yellow facings with red piping, and red collars, plus silver buttons on the officer and white lace on the drummer make this Fusilier Regiment Nr. 10 Junker. Gold buttons on the officer and harder to paint yellow lace on the drummer would have made them Fusilier Regiment Nr 9 Graf von Isenburg.

Look at me getting all detailed about regimental distinctions. But the yellow facings are pretty "slapping," as the youngsters say.





These stout fellows now give me two full brigades for General d'Armee, each of four battalions of line and  battalion of lights.

This completes Phase 1 of my Big Plan. Vorwarts to Phase 3! Prost!



2 comments:

  1. Very nice figures - I have had the "cut off a bit of flag to fit round the hand" issue myself occasionally! Really like the last image - I think I remember this lovely Fraulein from my trips to the Oktoberfest in 1979/80 ish - she is about all I CAN remember though - lots of Steins drunk along with copious glasses of Apfelkorn and singing the original version of the "Birdy Song" - "Ein prosit, ein prosit, die Gemudlichkeit!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the Bavarians! After listening to the latest podcast I understand better the yellow facings too! :)

    ReplyDelete