In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, August 8, 2014

And Now There Are Two

This is my favourite picture of my fuzzy grey girl-friend, Nigella the rabbit. She would let me scratch her nose and behind the ears all day if I had the time.


When I'm on midnights, as I was this week, I always go downstairs and let her out for her daily romp before showering and going to sleep.
Earlier this week she was fine, but yesterday she seemed a bit lethargic. She was at least 8 1/2 years old though, so she didn't always spring out of the cage in the morning, so I didn't think much of it. She otherwise seemed quite healthy and active earlier in the week, and a well cared for bunny can live to 12 years or so.
This morning however, when I went downstairs she was already gone to the Big Meadow. So whatever killed her didn't drag out any pain at least.
When I got up at lunch time we buried her in the back shrub border under a new smoke bush.
So now, out of Nigella and her four off-spring we only have the two boys left; Biggles and Gordy. We all actually thought Nigella would have outlived Gordy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news James. I miss my old house bunny terribly. Its eleven years now that he's been gone. The photo of him is still up in the living room where he had complete freedom to roam. Such happy creatures, especially when you can read their characters when you live indoors with them - their absence leaves such a horrid great hole. Be pleased though that you gave a great life of freedom to a beloved pet rabbit - too many are just cooped up in hutches all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about your bunny. I lost cats in my life and still miss them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that, Nigella was quite a beautiful looking bunny. We lost our eldest bunny last year and another ran away after burrowing through her and her sisters hutch. so we are left with one.

    I am sure Nigella is happy in the Big Meadow with all the other bunnies. my my there must be lots of them up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry mate. Nigella was lucky in her choice of owners.

    ReplyDelete