In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Magnetic Movement Trays

I've been thinking that my Middle Earth armies have been big enough that moving single figures is impractical for some time now.

I've been pondering different configurations of sabot bases and probably would have bought some at Hotlead if it had happened.

Then I saw on the Wargaming in Middle Earth Facebook group a game with these nifty flat card movement trays. I inquired and was told they were magnet glued to MDF then painted.

I've been using magnet sheets to line my figure boxes already. This seemed a natural progression. A couple of 12"×12" magnet sheets cost me $8.


I did a test with some scrap bits. So far so good.

A 12"×12" sheet gave me 12 of these 4"×3" pieces.

Which I glued to 4"×3" pieces of stiff card.

I then spray painted them and here they are doing a demo.


Happy to see that 4"×3" is one size fits all.

For the second sheet I'm going to make some more 3"×2" for elite infantry or units of 12 that I want to have in a wider, 2 rank line, and the trolls like them too it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment